- In association with the Company’s Directors, you will determine the strategic direction and associated activities for the continuous improvement of the Company’s SHEQ and IMS management programme and systems.
- Custodian of all SHEQ related matters for the Company,
- You will provide advice to the Director’s and assist with the implementation of new and/or existing SHEQ related legislation, rules and Company standards.
- Development, management and monitoring of the Integrated Management System (IMS)
- Act as the point of contact for the accrediting body primarily for ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and ISO 18001/45001 as well as Constructionline, Chas and other associated accredited bodies
- Accident Investigation and reporting, including identification of root causes overseeing close out of corrective actions and communication of outcomes throughout the business according to relevance
- Implement monitor and maintain site an annual SHEQ action plan and longer term SHEQ business plan
- Prepare monthly reports for the management meetings, capturing relevant data aligned with our business objectives and accreditation requirements
- Use and develop innovative SHEQ communication strategies for all contracts and levels of staff, to include but not limited to, written information, toolbox talks management briefs, notices etc.
- Assist with tender/submission documentation to ensure SHEQ compliance
- Prepare, develop and manage generic Risk Assessments, Method Statements, COSHH Assessments, as well as undertaking specific risk assessments
- Complete regular audits of the business systems in line with Company procedures
- Prepare statutory reporting and internal reporting, including trend identification to identify opportunities for improvement as well as celebration of success
- Monitoring of appropriate SHEQ sources to ensure the Company remains compliant and adapts in a timely fashion to necessary changes
- Manage our CDM responsibilities in accordance with current regulations
- Complete office and site audits in accordance with Company procedures
- Prepare when required pre-construction safety SHE assessments to inform design and construction activity
- Oversee and manage the SHEQ elements within the Company’s Digital Ops software, contributing to improvements in its’ development
- Identify SHEQ training needs within the business and input into the Company’s annual training plan
- Liaise with your respective counterparts to gain agreement on SHEQ matter between the respective organisations
- Best practice guidance and safe systems of work development and implementation
- Development and delivery of bespoke in-house SHEQ training where appropriate in addition to the use of external training providers
- Contractor audits as part of our prequalification process and subcontractor performance monitoring
- Behavioural safety monitoring and training
- Emergency response planning
- Multi-site visits
You must be:
- Professional, well presented, personable, responsible and experienced (5 years min)
- NEBOSH National Diploma/NVQ 4 or minimum IOSH Managing Safely in Utility Industry 5 Day qualified
- Member of a relevant professional institution
- Construction or Engineering industry experience essential - Utilities industry experience preferrable but not essential
- ISO Auditor for one or more of the following 9001/14001/45001 (or OHSAS18001)
- Conversant with CDM regulations and the Company’s associated responsibilities
- Have demonstrable SHEQ experience
- Hold a valid Construction Skills Certification Scheme (CSCS)
- First Aid at Work certified
- Ability to work at a tempo and be responsive
- Diplomatic but confident enough to ‘challenge’ where appropriate – ‘Yes’ people need not apply
- Process driven for consistency of output but flexible enough to meet challenges which require lateral thinking
- CMIOSH desirable
- Driven, a ‘go-getter’
- ‘Will do’ mentality required, (‘can do’ – need not apply)
- Attentive to detail
- Individualist, but able to work seamlessly in a team
Place of Work:
- Office based - ultimately output and results is the focus.
- Site attendances to meet SHEQ objectives
Why Ingenious Power Engineering
Striving to be the best means we’re competing with dozens of energy engineering organisations for the very best candidates.
But we’re confident that if you want to play a pivotal role in future energy and infrastructure solutions , Ingenious Power Engineering is the perfect place to succeed.
We’ve played important roles in the energisation of landmark projects. From concept through to detailed design and build, we cover a broad spectrum of infrastructure solutions with pinpoint accuracy.
Every day is different. We’re constantly reviewing our knowledge - because to drive change, we need to stay ahead.
We work with clients needing unprecedented and bespoke solutions. But we rise to every opportunity.
So if you’re looking for variety and to work with colleagues who are driven, powered by passion and determined to find solutions to any challenge, you’re in the right place.
After running through this checklist and think this role suits you, we would be interested in hearing from you:
Call: +44 (0)118 975 8713